Yesterday I just let the kids play in the pool after we picked M up. Today I was up early. I ran my very first 5K and I have to say I am addicted. I can't wait to run the next one. I know there were some mistakes that I made that I want to correct, just to see if I would or could get a better time (I have no idea what my actually time was). I couldn't believe how challenging it was to get around the people who had chosen to walk. Makes me understand why they have time trials. I had a really great time doing it though and I can't believe how fast the time went. I met a very nice couple while I was there too. They had some good advice. I have a tendency to talk to people where ever I am. I was in line to use the restroom, before the race and that is where I met the woman of the couple. She couldn't find her husband before the race and just ended up by me. We chated for the couple minutes before the race. After the race she found me and we talked again about the race. She has run in 10 so it was good to get some advice. She said she saw me at one point and thought about catching up to me again, but didn't want to push herself too hard. It was very interesting. The kids were even engaged in the race. C said M didn't want to leave after I was done, he wanted to continue watching. How cool is that. I would love for him to have a passion for running. He gets to do his first run in 2 weeks. It is a fundraiser for West High School. I am excited for him and all of the kids want to do the Fun Run next year. Enjoy the pictures of me, but don't laugh too hard. The one at the end of the race is really bad. The one with the kids and I after the race looks like we were all crabby, but really the sun was directly in our eyes.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
2 comments:
WOW your first 5K, what a sense of accomplishment!! I have heard it is adicting! I am proud of you! A 5k has always been a dream of mine, now that I have my foot back free from my injury this summer, I hope to get the clearance to move full steam ahead, and maybe next year join you!
Good for you, Shannon! I hate running, so I'm doubly impressed that you want to do another run. What do you listen to?
Congratulations again!
Post a Comment