Friday, September 26, 2008

Skippyjon Jones





Today I read Skippyjon Jones In Mummy Trouble, by Judy Schachner to the kids while they finished up their snack. We actually have 3 books about Skippyjon Jones. He is a cat who loves to pretend to be a Chihuahua. His mom reminds him that he is a Siamese cat and he needs to think like one. When he is sent to his room he enters his world of pretend as he enters his closet. That is when he becomes a Chihuahua. I think the books are really funny and so do M and AP. I am not sure the rest are really old enough to find the humor in it, but Skippyjon Jones reminds me a lot of many different children that I have observed in my life. I think they enjoyed it overall. There are many Spanish words in the book.
Once they we were done with the story the kids had the oppertunity to play. AR and G decided to pretend that our smaller slide was a dog house and took turns entering it. It looked like so much fun that AP and S decided to join them. M was off tedning to his garden at this point. I took pictures of them peeking out of their "doghouse"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that my mom loves your blog and is really excited about it. Now she can keep up on what her grandkids are doing! Thanks!