We had popcorn for snack that came from Max's school that was pretty exciting to everyone except G who said she does not like popcorn.
To continue on our education road we talked about buses today. I had planned to read a few books from the library, but due to some technical difficulties (I forgot the card) I was unable to check the books I had on hold out. But I did get one bus book it is called School Bus from the Wonder Books it is by Cynthia Klingel and Robert B. Noyed. We started out the lesson much like we do everyday talking about the color, shape, number and letter for the week. We sang The "t" sound song. T says "t" T says "t" every letter makes a sound T says "t". Then we looked at the cover of the book. I asked them what was on the cover. S piped up "school bus". Then we talked about what color it was. We reviewed the color yellow in sign language, Spanish, and English. On the very first page of the story the bus has it's stop sign out. We reviewed the color red. We then talked about what shape a stop sign is. (important for kindergarten, M didn't know that shape) I had them all say octagon a few times as loud as they could, we were outside and they love to be loud. After finishing the story we sang "The Wheels on the Bus". We also sang "Down By the Station", as well as the "ABC'S " and "Days of the Week". Since I didn't get the books from the library today we spent time singing songs such as: " I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee" (with all the actions, they love), "Down in a Box" "If Your Happy and You Know it", and "Teddy Bear,Teddy Bear". Then I brought out the trains for all to play with again. We didn't get nearly enough time to play with them yesterday. They were very excited to claim which one they would be playing with. My lessons follow a general pattern. At this age they love predictablitiy and routine. They know what will be next for the most part and that makes them feel comfortable.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
3 comments:
I love this, you are giving me some good ideas with my own kids. I doubt I will have the capability to be as organized & structured about it as you are, though; I am so not as patient as you. Still, I'm going to try-!
So, you'll be interested to know that I did attend the whole funeral festivities. I had the kids all morning all by myself and we are all still alive. We just got home and they are taking naps and I am tired to say the least!
See you guys again tomorrow!
Karen
Great stuff! I may try some of it too or maybe just having certain times of the day for books, art,etc.. You sure are creative!
Lora
Post a Comment