Monday, September 22, 2008






Today we reviewed the color, number, Shape, and letter that we worked on last week and then added Yellow, 3, square, and F for this week. We talked about what we do when the leaves fall down. We rake them up and sometimes even jump in them. I read the story The Cinnamon Hen's Autumn Day by Sandra Dutton. The story ended with 2 friends having a great time raking leaves together, very nice time to talk about how much fun friends can be when we work together. I lead the kiddos in the song 5 little leaves, which they seemed to enjoy. This lead us to our leaf man picture, which was fun to watch the kids make. They glued a leaf on a sheet of paper. The older ones made faces and legs on their leaves and then drew a landscape picture around it. I helped the younger ones draw their legs, arms, and face on their leaves and then just let them color where ever they wanted on the paper. I have posted pictures of how they turned out. I have also added some pictures from our pool party last Friday, which is always fun in the fall, since you never know when the last pool day will be in Wisconsin. Tomorrow I am excited to see how our craft will turn out it should be loads of fun and really neat in the end.

2 comments:

cicadagirl said...

We almost pulled the pool out one last time today too, but then didn't-- I wish we had! Cute photos. And huge congrats on your first race! It will be fun to hear about more races in your future...

Unknown said...

I love the blog! At the end of the day the kids and I look at it and can talk about their day! People can also look and see what you do! It will also be great for jobs in the future! Keep it up!