Monday, November 10, 2008

Well today we are all cold (or at least I am). We walked to get M, I am just not ready for the cold yet. When we got home, the kids had their snack. M practiced his oral reading skills by reading Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London, to the kids. It is a good book about getting dressed to go out in the winter. While he was reading I squirted the paint onto their paint pallet and filled water cups for rinsing their brushes. I told them that they were each getting a paint pallet. It is always good to introduce new words to children at a young age. They free painted on cream paper. Kids love doing this. They spent about a half hour painting whatever creation they wanted. M painted Lady Liberty. According to him, his sister AP distroyed his first one by painting on it, but "Maybe I will save it to show them how I started". I am not sure who "them" is, but I thought that his comment was interesting. He said it in a very professional manner, as if he were a famous artist. He does love art. Tomorrow I have some sequencing tuck up in my sleeve. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Oh my gosh, poor Alex! That is one big lippie-! I hope it heals as quick as possible...I almost passed out the last time Maddie got hurt on her bike and there was a lot of blood. Mine or other people's blood I can deal with, but apparently not my kids' blood.

I love the lunch box idea with gluing the food to it. And yeah, I am not ready for this cold either. I hated that I had to break out the scarf today.

Sara said...

I somehow lost all of my favorite winter stuff-just the mittens and hats of course. I can find everyone else's but not mine, meaning I put it somewhere terribly obvious and I've forgotten where. It's actually not been that cold here. This week, it's just rainy and dreary (but 60s by the weekend). There are some perks to UT.