We worked on the usual today (calendar letters, numbers, shapes, color). We read
Froggy Gets Dressed again. We discussed what the story was about. M saked me "Why does Froggy have all those clothes if frogs don't go out in the winter?" My answer, "It is just a story, but maybe the author Jonathan London would know. " While we were reading the story we talked about the different sound words in the book and how things make sound as we do them. (IE. zipping up a coat) I made up paper puppets for the kids to play with. I made them rahter then having the kids make them, because I didn't think they would be able to do it. This is the website I got the directions from http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/puppets/frog/ . I used it about 2 years ago for MOPS as a take home craft to do with kids. It is a really fun and cheap puppet. Once the children had their frog we sang 5 Green and Speckled Frogs. The song lyrics are on the following website: http://www.songsforteaching.com/fingerplays/5greenspeckledfrogs.htm . We practiced the song once at the table jumping our frogs and then we went to the living room to do a dramtic play with the frogs and the song. I places a blue colored fleece on the floor as a pond and a spotted fleece blanket rolled up as a log that the 4 younger ones could fit on. I was the 5th frog, M was busy doing older kid things (drawing the statue of liberty with all it's many visitors). I have the kids sit on the "log" and had each one jump into the the pool (onto the fleece blanket as we counted down. They had fun making their frogs hop. They don't sing many of the words, but it is still fun to do. FInally we hoped around the livingroom like frogs, yes I hop too, always a good extra calorie burn:0)
No comments:
Post a Comment