We continued with our items of the week L, 8, pink, and octagon. We worked on our calendar skills and talked about the parts of a book. I read If You Take a Mouse to School, by Laura Numeroff. We talked about the fact that the story ends were it begins and that makes it a circle story. Once we were done with the book. I asked the children to name healthy things they could put in a lunch if they were to pack it. M said a peanut butter roll up. AP said "CANDY". I promptly asked her "Is that a healthy choice or a not so healthy choice" She answered "Not a healthy choice" At least she knows. Everyone had at least one turn. I gave each of them a constuction paper lunch box. I put cut outs of items they could choose to put in their lunch. I have bananas, oranges, strawberries, apples, and sandwiches (these were items I found easy to cut out). I was amazed by the fact that the 3 girls all picked all fruit. They did not pick a sanwich. I thought this was odd. The boys each picked a sandwich. Finally for snack we had apple slices.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment