Monday, November 17, 2008

SNOW ...

Well I wasn't excited about seeing the snow, but I wasn't completely disappointed seeing it either, the first one that sticks is always beautiful. I was going to start talking about families this week, since we are just before the holidays. With the snow on the ground I switched directions while the kids were eating their snack. I read Sam's Snowy Day By Mary Labatt. It is about a dog and his first experience in the snow. Which I am sure that four of the five kids could relate to since I am not sure how much they remember about snow from last year. Then we took a look at the calendar. We reviewed what month we were in and sang about the days of the week. We also counted to the 17th together. Then we read A Silly Snowy Day by Michael Coleman, a story about a tortoise that goes out in the snow and finds that it is much better off inside in the winter. After we read the story I put a blue piece of paper on the frig. I had the kids tell me things that we could see that would be white when there is snow. M said a snowman, snow fort, and a snow hill, AP said snowflakes. Then I gave each of them a blue sheet of construction paper and a white crayon to make their own snow scene.

No comments: