This week we are working on O (for orange), 6, triangle, and the color orange. I read the story Pumpkin Harvest, by Calvin Harris. It summarized a lot of the things we have been talking about such as pumpkins, leaves, scarecrows, and jack-o-lanterns. It was a wonderful way to review things. I went over our new items to work on this week. Some we have done before so even AR knows what a triangle is. "We sang 5 Little Pumpkins", and added a new song "I'm a little Pumpkin" sang to the tune of "I'm a little Tea Pot". The words are: I'm A little pumpkin , orange and round, here is my stem, there is the ground, When I get all cut up, don't you shout, just open me up, and scoop me out! I read another story called "Oh My, Pumpkin Pie!", by Charles Ghigna. It is about all the shapes, colors, and textures pumpkins come in. At the end it has different things you can do with a pumpkin (i.e. roast the seeds, make pie). Then we played a game to help them learn their colors. It is called pass the pumpkin, it was hard for them to understand at first, but they got it in the end. You need a plastic pumpkin with different colored crayons inside. You have them pass the pumpkin until the music stops then they take out the crayon and say what color it is. The game continues. Each time S and AR would get the pumpkin they owuld try to take out a crayon, but were easily reminded to pass it. It was cute. The older 3 helped the younger 2 with the colors. S likes to say the color green, or at least that was the color of the day yesterday. Finally I had printed out coloring pages of a Jack-O-Lantern for each of the kids to color. M loves white pumpkins, so he left his white and colored the sky around it adding a moon. AP tried to copy her big brother, but had a little twist. The other 3 colored all different colors everywhere, very normal for the age they are at.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment