Monday, October 13, 2008

5 Little pumpkins





Friday we read the story Halloween Play By Laura Numeroff. I put together a box that has a flap to keep the kiddos from looking into it. In that box I placed items that are around during fall (apple, small gourd that looked like a pumpkin, leaf, acron, and pine cone). I gave the children instructions to keep the items in the box, but they should touch the items. I made sure they knew there was more then one item in the box. I went around the table and allowed them to take their time feeling the items in the box. Once everyone had a turn I had them take turns guessing what was in the box. As they guessed right I pulled the items out. Back track I also told them the items were fall items to help them guess alittle. Everyone seemed to enjoy this activity. We dissussed what each item was, we even found a little worm that had been inside an acron. AR loves acorns, so she talked about the ones she had in her pocket from the park the night before. We talked about orange, 5 (we have been counting in Spanish), P, and the rectangle. We ended with a flannel board song/story of the 5 Little Pumpkins, which they all loved so much we did it twice.

No comments: