Friday, October 10, 2008

Body awareness

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday. I am the coach of M's soccer team and we have practice on Thursdays, sometimes it gets a little crazy getting all the kids ready and fed. Anyway, we worked on body awareness. I started by having them point to different body part that I know they already know. We sang the song "Head shoulders knees and toes". Then we talked about knuckles and finger prints. I showed the kids where their knuckles are and then we talked about how everyone has different fingerprints. To tie in the pumpkins we were about to create I had them sing "5 Little Pumpkins". I taped a yellow half sheet of paper down for each of them to paint. I explained to them that we would use the orange paint and a paint brush to paint our knuckles. We would then place out knuckles on the paper like you were using a stamp. The older 3 again got it the younger 2 needed help, I expected that. After the had placed a few pumpkins on the paper. I took out the green paint and explained that they would make pumpkin stems with their finger print. It went well overall. The pictures turned out cute. It was a little crazy so I was unable to get pictures. I will post one later today.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Wow, I haven't checked back in awhile and I've missed lots of posts! I love that you are documenting your days with the kids like this.

I've gotten away from doing as many crafts with the girls as I used to. We did a cute butterfly craft this week where we used my old fabric scraps. That night when we did our nightly talk about what we were grateful for, they both said the craft was at the top of their list. Yikes- that gave me pause. I need to do more with them. I need to keep up with your blog so I remember to make it a priority!!

Anonymous said...

Shannon:

You have such a great blog! I love looking at all the crafts you do with the kids. I may just steal some of your ideas!

Keep it coming!
Jen