Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jack-O-Lanterns Part 2






What a beautiful day it turned out to be?! I had other things planned for today, but since it has been cloudy for a few days I thought we would all enjoy the sunshine. We sang 5 Little Pumpkins as well as the Itsy Bitsy Spider. We went over our routine letter, number, shape, and color. I passed out their bags showed them the example of mine. I showed them how to crumple the newspaper and put it into the bags to stuff them. I tied all of them up with a green piece of yarn leaving some bag on top to look like a stem. I put glue in a pie tin in the middle of the table and gave them a Q-tip to dip in the glue , They spread glue onto their shapes that we talked very breifly about. I wish it wasn't so chaotic at times so that I would have more oppertuntity to show them the shapes and talk more about their attributes, but I take what I can get:0) They glued their traingle eyes, rectangle nose, and oval mouth onto their pumpkin bags. The uniqueness shows when they are finished as the eyes are not where they would be on a face, as well as the nose and the mouth. It makes it fun for them to do. The older 3 did have theirs where you would normally put them. I loved to watch them do it. On a side note AR and S were really cute on the way to pick up M. They were pretending to sneeze by saying "achoo" at eachother. They went back and forth for a good 5 minutes and then started to cough and sneeze, in between were fits of laughter. I love watchig the 2 of them grow together. I hope they continue to be as good of friends. At the playground they happily played together almost as if no one else was there. I feel blessed to not only watch my 3 children grow and thrieve, but to also watch S and G. It is sometimes like having a big family, but I get to send 2 home:0)

No comments: