Today we built snowmen out of marshmellows. I put 3 large marshmellows in a bowl with 2 pretzels for each child. They got to create their snowman from my example and then eat it. While they were eating it I read Hello, Snow, By Hope Vestergaard and Under My Hood I Have a Hat, by Karla Kuskin. S just kept licking his marshmellow apparently liking the taste. M had his built lickety split as well as AP. AR didn't make an attempt she just ate her marshmellows. G took her time to make her snowman and then ate it. We counted to 26 on the calendar. The kids are now having free play with our play cars from the movie Cars, from McDonald's Happy Meals, like 2 years ago, but they seem to still hold the kids interest. Hopefully we will get to be outside in a few weeks. I would love to be building a real snowman with the kids.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
2 comments:
We watched part of the CARS movie last night and the kids had this intent look on their face. Finally, G announced, "hey, Shannon has those cars at her house!" You could almost see the light go off in her little head.
Karen
That is awesome:0)
Post a Comment