Today I had the grand idea to ice skate indoors using wax paper. My three kids quickly lost interest, but G and S thought it was really fun. You give each kid 2 squares of wax paper and they just put them under their feet and glide. It works really well. It was so slippery that I almost fell on my butt. I think that AP just didn't like it, because she didn't have the patience to figure it out today. She had just a few meltdowns during the day today and has a major runny nose. Cold season. I also read the poem that I have put in this blog. The kids all seemed to enjoy that so we read it 2 times.
Winter Time Poem
by Mary RyerIcy fingers, icy toes,
Bright red cheeks and bright red nose.
Watch the snowflakes as they fall,
Try so hard to count them all.
Build a snowman way up high,
See if he can touch the sky.
Snow forts, snowballs, angels, too,
In the snow, so white and new.
Slip and slide and skate so fast.
Wintertime is here at last.This website has tons of really great winter ideas for preschoolers
http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/preschool-winter.htm
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment