Thursday, January 22, 2009

Educational moment

Today while we were eating hot fudge sundaes, M was talking about President Obama beginning his duties for our country. They watched part of the ceremony at school, which is more then I did. But being the teacher that I am I seized the moment to read some stories. They were history lessons at a child's level, though they are longer books. I read, The Story of Ruby Bridges, by Robert Coles and A Picture Book Of Rosa Parks, by David A. Alder. They both deal with segragation and bring tears to my eyes at how couragous both main characters were. This is a little different then what I would normally post, but the books are great. I love a lesson that has been inspired by something my children are interested in prior to it. M has also had a lot to tell about Dr. Martin Luther King, since they read a story about him at school. He is mentioned in A Picture Book of Rosa Parks and M thought that was great. I love that I have a huge collection of books from prekids to pull from when I need them:0)

No comments: