Thursday, January 8, 2009

Paperbag snowmen





Wow it has been awhile since I last posted. Today we painted with letter sponges. Each child had the letter that started their name. They each got to tell what word they knew that started with that letter, which most knew it was their name. I gave them each part of a paper bag with 3 circles forming a snowman. We talked a little about the 3 R's reduce, reuse, and recycle. As a challenge I asked M which one we were doing. He said reuse. They used their letter in the white paint to paint the circles. I then helped them with a square sponge to make the hat and a heart sponge to make buttons. Yesterday we read the story The Biggest, Best Snowman, by Margery Cuyler. They seemed to enjoy it and are now having a Polly Pocket pool party in the kitchen:0)

No comments: