Well in honor of Groundhogs day we celebrated. We read the book Ground Hog Gets A Say, by Pamela Curtis Swallow. It is a longer story, but funny non the less. After we read the story we looked at the parts we were going to use to make our own groundhog. brown circle and brown oval, always a great oppertunity to review shapes and colors. Supplies needed, styrofoam cups, craft stick, small brown cicles, small brown ovals, wiggle eyes, brown markers, flower stickers and glue. I had the kids color the cup brown. I gave them flower stickers to decorate it. Then I had them glue the circle to the oval to make the ground hog. Then they glued it to the craft stick and put the wiggle eyes. I cut a slit in the bottom of the cup to stick the craft stick through. Then they can pop their ground hog up and down. They had fun making them especially putting the stickers on.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
1 comment:
We made this exact craft when I was a preschool teacher!
Post a Comment