Yesterday we had the awesome opportunity to go caroling at a nursing home with my MOPS group. Another awesome mom friend, Thanks Heather, helped me get the 5 munchkins there. We sang songs and had the opportunity to see Santa, while my 3 kids M, AP and mainly AR didn't want anything to do with him, G and S were all about "Santa". It was really adorable. AR went by him, but only because she was tempted by the candy cane he held.
To tie into all the excitement, I chose to read books about "Santa" today. First I read the classic The Night Before Christmas, by Clement C. Moore and then I read a new favorite of my 3 kiddos Careful, Santa!, by Julie Sykes. Once we were done reading about Santa I helped the kids decorate paper Santa Hats that are now decorating my windows. I used red construction paper for the hats, helped them glue a cotton ball on the tip, and let them use fun foam Christmas shapes to decorate the rest. They really love the fun foam stickers. They spent a good 15 minutes decorating it. AR takes a long time to get each back off of the stickers. I only have to help S get the backing off and he goes to town sticking them on. Everyone else does it on their own. I love it:0)
I would love to say that everything went smoothly when we went caroling, which for the most part it did. AP just threw in a hitch when she said she had to go pee (we were in the car and moving), but couldn't even wait long enough for me to get her to the garbage can in the car. She ended up going on her pants as I was pulling them down. Thankfully it was not in the car seat, as everyone knows how challenging that can be to clean out, especially in the winter.
Top 5 Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment